Jul 19, 2009

The Sunday Salon: BBAW and a Smoothie!

It's hard to believe that we're heading into the end of July! It's been such a hot summer and I've been spending a lot of time indoors to escape the humidity of these oppressive days here in Florida. Before long kids, parents and teachers will be gearing up for another school year and we book bloggers will be preparing for the 2nd Annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week, which is September 14th thru 18th this year!

BBAW was started last year by Amy (at My Friend Amy) as an effort to show appreciation for the fabulous community of hard working bloggers who love books and love to share that love of books with others. This year, BBAW has it's own blog, which will help make things run smoothly (and will make Amy's life a lot easier). The registration process is now open, so be sure to visit the BBAW Blog and get signed up so you don't miss out on any of the fun! Nominations will be accepted soon, so keep checking back for progress updates.

Did I mention it's HOT here in Florida?? As a way to keep cool this summer, I've been drinking smoothies and I have to say - I'm addicted! They are the perfect summer cool down! So today, I thought I'd share with y'all my basic smoothie recipe. They are quick and easy to make right at home and they're so much better for you than milk shakes, which is my weakness in the summer months!

BASIC FRUIT SMOOTHIE RECIPE

1 cup yogurt (vanilla or plain is the best for the recipe)
1 cup apple juice
1 cup frozen fruit
2 cups ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend to desired consistency. Use more or less apple juice to get desired thickness.

I'm going to spend the afternoon reading NO ONE YOU KNOW by Michelle Richmond and enjoying my own fruit smoothie! I hope you get the chance to try one yourself and if you do, I hope you like it! Enjoy your Sunday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recently reviewed books:

7 comments:

  1. It's really hot in Texas, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that smoothie sounds delicious! We're having a cool, wet summer so far in the northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a huge storm last night after it being really hot for a few days and now today is cold and windy. That smoothie sounds yummy-I love them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming down for some of your heat and that smoothie!!! Enjoy your Sunday reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. That smoothie tempted this Game On'er. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read both those books - and enjoyed them both very much. The smoothie sounds tempting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!